I am here...although I don't know if I have arrived. Some days I feel stranded in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, other days I marvel at the paradise that I call my life. Welcome to my ramblings, reflections, and obsessive- compulsive tendencies

Saturday, July 4, 2009

...about schedules


now the the summer holidays are here, we have a little schedule on the fridge about what wonderful activities our day holds.  each possible activity is on a little card beautifully decorated by my oldest darling boy.  a magnet is pasted on the back.  making them was arts and crafts activity number one.  he excitedly checks the fridge one million times a day and bounces back to me saying, "now we get to do ...!"  or "soon we get to do ...!"  

Here is the schedule for today, created by darling child:
  • breakfast
  • play animals
  • playground
  • go grocery shopping
  • lunch
  • quiet time
  • arts and crafts
  • play trains
  • tv time
  • dinner
  • bath time
  • stories
  • bedtime

compare to the schedule I would like:
  • sleep in
  • brunch
  • mani-pedi
  • read trashy magazine by a pool
  • delicious snacks delivered to me by pool
  • leisurely stroll along beach with gorgeous man
  • dinner at a beautiful restaurant overlooking ocean in new outfit and shoes
  • drink wine and listen to live music late into evening

it's not too much to ask, is it?

2 comments:

Dumb Mom said...

We have a schedule also and it's a gift and a curse b/c it keeps them (& more importantly me) sane, but they are not receptive to last minute schedule changes at all. Your "wannabe runner" statement in your profile is hilarious and it describes me as well...totally am on the brink of becoming one like every week:)! Thanks for stopping by my place; we love new friends!

Mariel said...

that's such a cute idea! i think i would have to throw some of mine in the mix...along the same lines as yours!

Mariel
www.oneshetwoshe.com