I am here...although I don't know if I have arrived. Some days I feel stranded in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, other days I marvel at the paradise that I call my life. Welcome to my ramblings, reflections, and obsessive- compulsive tendencies

Saturday, March 5, 2011

...about not having guests for your party

so, one of the reasons I like to read blogs is because I feel like there are people out there who are going through some of the same things that I am. you know, the ups and downs of raising children, trying out recipes, struggling with exercise or work or weight loss or whatever.
inspired by the oscars last weekend, I decided to invite a few women over this saturday night for a movie night. nothing fancy. just a few appetizers, some wine and casual conversation. a friend said that she had black swan, so we were set.
one by one, i have had every person that i invited say that they are busy or they won't be coming. i am down to me, the person bringing the movie and her sister. i'm feeling pretty pathetic. i'm feeling like my social calendar is pretty sad in comparison to all of those around me considering i am free on a saturday night and nobody else is.
not really feeling like others are going through the same thing!
please tell me there is a person out there who has planned a party or get together at some point in their lives and had very few guests show up. there must be.
i hope someone blogs about it soon.

1 comment:

Loukia said...

Although this hasn't happened to me yet, I have no plans for this Saturday night and my social calendar is not like it used to be before I had kids!